Updated May 20, 2021
We are encouraged by the lowering COVID infection rate and the ways that society continues to reopen. What a blessing! As the CDC has updated their guidance, we in turn, have updated our safety policies and continue to move forward with all God has called us to at Burke Community Church.
We continue to offer in-person and online worship services on Sundays at 9am and 10:30am.
We appreciate your kindness, patience, and cooperation as we all move towards a preferred future and we look forward to what God has in store. As information changes, we will update our website to best answer your questions and keep you well informed.
The following policies are in place for all on campus events:
- Face-masks are recommended for anyone not fully vaccinated from COVID-19
- In an update to our Kids Ministry Safety Policy, parents may now decide if their kids wear masks or not
- Washing your hands often and thoroughly
- Using hand sanitizer
- Avoidance of touching your nose, mouth, and eyes with unwashed hands
- Limiting food consumption on campus to light snacks
We kindly ask that you stay home if you exhibit any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
To maximize the safety of our facilities the following cleaning procedures have been put into place:
- All commonly touched surfaces are cleaned before, during, and after services
- Disinfecting wipes are positioned throughout the building
- Hand sanitizer is widely available throughout the building
- The building’s rooms are commercially cleaned regularly
- We have upgraded air handling filters in our HVAC system
Kids Ministry Safety
Knowing the challenges of navigating COVID with kids and in light of the dropping infection rates, we have decided to let parents make the decision whether their children wear masks on our campus or go mask-free. The CDC advises unvaccinated people, including children, to continue wearing masks to protect themselves and others who may not be vaccinated. All fully vaccinated volunteers, including those working with children, may choose whether to wear a mask or not.
Before attending, we ask families to evaluate the health of their family by asking these questions:
- Is there anyone in my family not feeling well today that cannot be attributed to a known medical cause?
- Has anyone in my family had a fever in the last 24 hours?
- Has anyone in my family tested positive for COVID in the past 14 days?
- Has anyone in my family had contact with someone in the past 14 days who has tested positive for COVID?
If you are unable to answer no to any of the questions above, please continue to care for your family at home.
Currently our classroom sizes are reduced. In order to maintain these smaller class sizes, parents are asked to pre-register their children before noon, each Friday.
Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipe dispensers are mounted in each classroom. Volunteers are encouraged to use these frequently throughout their Sunday School Class. A thorough cleaning and wiping down of tables is completed between each service.