With the continued concerns regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus), we continue to closely monitor the status of infection in our community and have been giving thoughtful and prayerful consideration to how Burke Community Church should respond at this time.
Currently we are offering in-person worship services on Sundays at 8am, 9:30am and 11am and will continue to livestream our 9:30am and 11am services indefinitely.
We welcome you to join us Sundays on campus or online and look forward to the day we can all safely be together again. As information changes, we will update our website to best answer your questions and keep you well informed.
The following policies are in place for all on campus events:
- We require wearing of masks for everyone ages three and older
- We require six-foot spacing between families
- Washing your hands often and thoroughly
- Using hand sanitizer
- Avoidance of touching your nose, mouth, and eyes with unwashed hands
- Limiting food consumption on campus to light snacks
We kindly ask that you stay home if you exhibit any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
To maximize the safety of our facilities the following cleaning procedures have been put into place:
- All commonly touched surfaces are cleaned before, during, and after services
- Disinfecting wipes are positioned throughout the building
- Hand sanitizer is widely available throughout the building
- The building’s rooms are commercially cleaned regularly
- We have upgraded air handling filters in our HVAC system
Kids Ministry Safety
We are excited to once again be providing Sunday classes for your kids and are now offering six classes for infants through fourth grade. Considering the safety protocol provided by the State Health Department for childcare and school settings, we have set the following guidelines for our return:
- All volunteers will wear face masks.
- Kids ages three and up will wear a face mask or face shield.
- Hand sanitizer will be offered to kids as they enter.
- Infant – Preschool Classrooms will max at 12 people in the room (including volunteers).
- Elementary Classrooms will be socially distant large group structured programming.
Upon arrival, families will be asked the following screening questions:
- Is there anyone in your family not feeling well today that cannot be attributed to a known medical cause?
- Has anyone in your family had a fever in the last 24 hours?
- Has anyone in your family tested positive for COVID in the past 14 days?
- Has anyone in your family had contact with someone in the past 14 days who has tested positive for COVID?
Registration is required for the 9:30 or 11 o’clock service. Note: in order to prepare rosters and name tags, these forms will close at the end of the day Friday. If you do not have the chance to sign up, come to the Children’s Welcome Center in the lobby Sunday morning and we will place your child in our Sunday morning programs as space is available.