The Lord continues to bless this church, and we are thankful for His leadership and empowerment. Thanks to all members who attended our bi-annual business meeting this last Sunday. Your presence allowed us to conduct the church’s business and bring you up-to-speed regarding how the church is doing and what missional events we are planning for the future.
For those unable to attend, I did want to write to give you some of the meeting highlights so we all move forward as a team.
- Two elders, Ben Allen and Dave McKernan rotated off the council after faithfully serving for several years. Please thank them and their wives when you see them.
- Two new elders, Jay Santiago and Gordon Kesting have joined the council for a three-year term. We are thankful for their presence, spiritual gifting, and leadership abilities, and we look forward to the Lord using them extensively. Once more, please thank them for their desire to serve in this fashion when you see them.
- Financially, we are running around $24,000 behind our weekly budget needs; however, this is typical for this time of year. Giving historically picks up as the year progresses, and we anticipate this will hold true this year. We thank God for saints who understand how He blesses those who put His kingdom first (Matt. 6:33).
- Numerically, we are back to our pre-Covid high attendance numbers in almost all ministry areas. This is exciting, and new challenges and opportunities to serve in the body come with this numerical uptick.
- Our ministries continue to thrive. The Care and Counseling Center has genuinely begun to minister to many people. The children’s program is loaded with many events, from Vacation Bible School in June to an Ignite Summer Theatre Camp for 5th & 6th Grades in July. Over 230 students (7th-12th) and leaders are heading to a life-changing camp experience at the end of July. Short-term mission teams are traveling this summer to Kenya and West Virginia. Women’s and Men’s ministries continue to offer excellent studies and training. On October 7-8, we will have our first annual apologetics conference with Dr. Hugh Ross and Greg Koukl as our keynote speakers, among others from Southern Evangelical Seminary.
We are grateful for your commitment and loyalty to this body of believers. We covet your prayers and support as we seek to collectively realize the Great Commission (Matt. 28:19-20) and build a church that joins in Christ’s desire to change lives.